It is bordered by Myanmar to the north, Laos to the east, Phayo to the south and Chiang Mai to the west.
The north of the province is part of Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Laos and Burma converge.
The Mekong River forms the boundary with Laos, the Mae Sai and Ruak River with Burma.
Wat Rong Khun or also-called by foreigners The White Temple is a contemporary art exhibit in the style of a Buddhist temple in Chiang Rai Province.
Main dishes in the area are dishes of curried chicken or shrimp and particularly kaeng khanun (spicy jackfruit curry), kaeng yuak (banana stalk curry), sai ua (grilled pork sausage), and Yunnanese and Burmese rice noodles.
Khao soi is a noodle dish with chicken stock and chicken that is also popular.
We start the tour at 9.00am and ride to Wat Thaton Chedi.
We will have a short break in Phrao district around 11.00am, andw e will have a lunch in Thaton and visit Wat Thaton Chedi.
The guide will lead you through the temple with explanations.
You will have time to take photos and could rest for a while, you could walk around and discover this incredible temple before leaving for Chiang Rai.
We will stop at the hotel in Chiang Rai at the end of the day at approximately 5.00pm where we will overnight.
The next day, after a good big breakfast, we will drive to Wat Rong Khun at 9.30am and visit this incredible white temple as much visited by both Thai and foreigners.
On the way back to Chiang Mai, we will stop at a local restaurant for having lunch.
We will arrive at the office around 4.30pm.
|Motorcycles||Solo Biker||Biker + pillion|
|Road Bike||17,000 THB||23,000 THB|
|Cruiser||19,400 THB||25,400 THB|
|Touring||21,800 THB||27,800 THB|
– The deposit is payable at the time of departure and is reimbursed at the end of the trip (if no damage occurred).
– VAT is included in the price.
|Start/Finish||Chiang Mai at the office|
|Accommodations||Hotel carefully selected by the team En Route Bikers
|Total distance traveled||Approximately 478km (297 miles)
|Daily distance traveled||Approximately 250km (155 miles)
|Highliths||Stunning scenery – Wat Thaton – Chiang Rai - Wat Rong Khun (white temple)
– Safety rules, introduction and presentation with the group the first morning before departure
– Accommodation during the entire trip
– All meals + soft drinks (NO alcohol)
– Use one of the latest Honda / Yamaha / Suzuki motorcycle with unlimited mileage
– Fuel during the entire trip
– Entrance fee of national parks and historical sites
– Front Biker leading the group
– Third Party liability insurance
– Detailed tour booklet of the route including itinerary, maps, activities, etc.
– Failure to wear a helmet is strictly prohibited.
– Make racing or racing start, driving on the back wheel, failing to comply with safety spaces between vehicles etc. are all prohibited by En Route Bikers.
If one of these conditions are not respected, this will result in the direct exclusion of the participant from the trip and En Route Bikers shall decline all rembursement.
For booking a date, please contact us at : email@example.com