Chiang rai is the northernmost province of Thailand. It is bordered by Myanmar to the north, Laos to the east, Phayo to the south and Chiang Mai to the west. The north of the province is part of Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Laos and Burma converge. The Mekong River forms the boundary with Laos, the Mae Sai and Ruak River with Burma. Wat Rong Khun or also-called by foreigners The White Temple is a contemporary art exhibit in the style of a Buddhist temple in Chiang Rai Province. Main dishes in the area are dishes of curried chicken or shrimp and particularly kaeng khanun (spicy jackfruit curry), kaeng yuak (banana stalk curry), sai ua (grilled pork sausage), and Yunnanese and Burmese rice noodles. Khao soi is a noodle dish with chicken stock and chicken that is also popular.
The roads in Chiang Rai are mostly easy to ride. Some parts might be a bit harder than others but all are practicables for real bikers. You must be capable to handle a motorbike over 500cc and do not except to learn how to ride it during the road trip. We plan to ride around 200 and 300 km’s per day which leaves plenty of time for relaxing, eating and sightseeing.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
|Motorcycles||Solo Biker||Biker + pillion|
|ROAD BIKE||990€||1 480€|
|CRUISER||1 140€||1 630€|
|TOURING||1 290€||1 780€|
– A deposit of 700€ is required for the motorcycles option “Road Bikes” and “Cruiser”. And 1,000€ for the motorcycle option “Touring”. It is payable at the time of departure and is reimbursed at the end of the trip (if no damage occurred).
– VAT is included in the price.
– Contact us at email@example.com
|Start / Finish||Chiang Mai at the office|
|Duration||5 days riding|
|Accomodations||Hotels and resorts carefully selected by the team En Route Bikers|
|Total distance traveled||Approximately 983 km / 622 miles|
|Daily distance traveled||Between 200 to 300 km / 125 to 185 miles|
|Highliths||Doi Suthep temple – Doi Ang Khang – Chiang Rai – Wat Rong Khun temple (White temple) – Chiang Khong – Doi Mae Salong – Hall of Opium museum – Mekong River – Golden Triangle – Phu Chi Fah|
The road trip starts and ends in Chiang Mai at our office which is located in the center not too far from Chiang Mai International airport and mains hotels.
What is included in our road trip price ?
The prices advertised for En Route Bikers trips are transparent. There are NO hidden extras.
– Airport pickup and return from/to Chiang Mai Airport or to your hotel
– Safety rules, introduction and presentation with the group the first morning before departure
– Accomodation during the entire trip
– All meals during the whole itinerary, including water (except alcohol)
– Use one of the latest Honda / Yamaha / BMW motorcycle models with unlimited mileage
– Fuel during the entire trip
– A support van or 4×4 vehicle for luggage transportation (1 luggage per person) water and space for guests on entire trip upon prior request
– Entrance fee of national parks and historical sites
– Front Biker leading the group
– Third Party liability insurance
– Detailed tour booklet of the route including itinery, accomodation, maps, rest places, etc.
What is prohibited ?
Drinking alcohol during the road trip is absolutely unauthorized.
Failure to wear a helmet is strictly prohibited.
Make racing or racing start, driving on the back wheel, failing to comply with safety spaces between vehicles etc. are all prohibited by En Route Bikers.
If one of these conditions are not respected, this will result in the direct exclusion of the participant from the trip and En Route Bikers shall decline all rembursement.