Mae Hong Sorn is one of the northern provinces of Thailand, on the country’s western border. Neighbor country is Myanmar to the west. Mae Hong Son’s nickname is “the city of three mists” because it is often covered with mist. The population in the province consists of hill tribes. The Karen are a mix of closely related tribes. This group’s women are recognized by the large brass rings they wear around their necks. The province is famous for his 1,864 curves. Doi Inthanon is the highest mountain of Thailand and it is located at the south of the province. The small city of Pai became famous after a romantic Thai movie.
The roads in Mae Hong Sorn are mostly easy to ride. Some parts might be a bit harder than others but all are practicables for real bikers. You must be capable to handle a motorbike over 500cc and do not except to learn how to ride it during the road trip. We plan to ride around 150 and 280 km’s per day which leaves plenty of time for relaxing, eating and sightseeing..
|Start / Finish||Chiang Mai at the office|
|Duration||5 days riding|
|Accomodations||Hotels and resorts carefully selected by the team En Route Bikers|
|Total distance traveled||Approximately 702 km / 436 miles|
|Daily distance traveled||Between 150 to 280 km / 93 to 174 miles
|Highliths||Doi Suthep temple – Pai – Mork Fah – Pai Canyon – Phra That Mae Yen – Pai Chinese Village – Ban Rak Thai – Pang Ong – Doi Inthanon – Thai Royal Garden|
The road trip starts and ends in Chiang Mai at our office which is located in the center not too far from Chiang Mai International airport and mains hotels.
|Day 1||Chiang Mai – Pai||158 km / 98 miles|
|Day 2||Pai||18 km / 11 miles|
|Day 3||Pai – Ban Rak Thai||141 km / 88 miles|
|Day 4||Ban Rak Thai – Doi Inthanon||272 km / 169 miles|
|Day 5||Doi Inthanon – Chiang Mai||113 km / 70 miles|
|Motorcycles||Solo Biker||Biker + pillion|
|ROAD BIKE||990€||1 480€|
|CRUISER||1 140€||1 630€|
|TOURING||1 290€||1 780€|
– A deposit of 500 € is required and is payable at the time of departure and is reimbursed at the end of the trip (if no damage occurred).
– VAT is included in the price.
– Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is included in our road trip price?
The prices advertised for En Route Bikers trips are transparent. There are NO hidden extras.
– Airport pickup and return from/to Chiang Mai Airport or to your hotel
– Safety rules, introduction and presentation with the group the first morning before departure
– Accomodation during the entire trip
– All meals during the whole itinerary, including water (except alcohol)
– Use one of the latest Honda / Yamaha / BMW motorcycle models with unlimited mileage
– Fuel during the entire trip
– A support van or 4×4 vehicle for luggage transportation (1 luggage per person) water and space for guests on entire trip upon prior request
– Entrance fee of national parks and historical sites
– Front Biker leading the group
– Third Party liability insurance
– Detailed tour booklet of the route including itinery, accomodation, maps, rest places, etc.
What is prohibited ?
Drinking alcohol during the road trip is absolutely unauthorized.
Failure to wear a helmet is strictly prohibited.
Make racing or racing start, driving on the back wheel, failing to comply with safety spaces between vehicles etc. are all prohibited by En Route Bikers.
If one of these conditions are not respected, this will result in the direct exclusion of the participant from the trip and En Route Bikers shall decline all rembursement.
Start the tour at the office in Chiang Mai
Ride through mountains and forest before to reach Pai city
Sleep in a local hotel and relax at its swimming pool
Visit the local market in Pai city
Explore Pai Canyon
Walk to the Big White Buddha of Pai city and admire the view
Participate in different amusement activities in a Chinese village
Hit the road and stop at a viewpoint on the top of a mountain
Walk into a cave inhabited by men 3,000 years ago and sail on a raft bamboo
Discover a Burmese village at the Thai border
Sleep in a Chinese village at the Thai / Myanmar border
Visit of a long neck women village and its market
Enjoy the road crossing the rivers
Ride to Doi Inthanon summit
Visit the pagodas and its gardens
Enjoy the view of Wachiratarn waterfall