Mae Hong Son is a remote, mountainous province in northern Thailand, bordering Myanmar (Burma). Though sparsely populated, it’s ethnically diverse and home to hill tribes such as the Shan and Hmong. You will cross 762 curves to reach Pai city and discover new routes to ride until Doi Inthanon, the highest mountain of Thailand.
The road to go to Pai is mostly easy to ride. Some parts might be a bit harder than others but all are feasible for real bikers. You must be able to handle a motorbike over 500cc and do not except to learn how to ride it during the road trip. We plan to ride around 350 km’s during the whole tour, which leaves plenty of time for relaxing, eating and sightseeing.
|Start/Finish||Chiang Mai at the office|
|Total distance traveled||Approximately 554km / 344 miles|
|Daily distance traveled||Approximately 185km / 115 miles|
|Highliths||Mork Fah waterfall – Pai – Satichon village – Pai Canyon – Samoeng forest – Doi Inthanon|
The road trip starts and ends in Chiang Mai at our office which is located in the center not too far from Chiang Mai International airport and mains hotels.
|Day 1||Chiang Mai – Pai||158 kms / 98 miles|
|Day 2||Pai – Doi Inthanon||246 kms / 153 miles|
|Day 3||Doi Inthanon||150 kms / 93 miles|
|Motorcycles||Solo Biker||Biker + pillion|
– A deposit of 500 € is required and is payable at the time of departure and is reimbursed at the end of the trip (if no damage occurred).
– VAT is included in the price.
– Contact us at email@example.com
What is included in our road trip price ?
The prices advertised for En Route Bikers trips are transparent. There are NO hidden extras.
– Safety rules, introduction and presentation with the group the first morning before departure.
– Accomodation during the entire trip.
– All meals during the whole itinerary, including water (except alcohol).
– Use one of the latest Honda / Yamaha / BMW motorcycle models with unlimited mileage.
– Fuel during the entire trip
– Entrance fee of national parks and historical sites
– Front Biker leading the group
– Third Party liability insurance
– Detailed tour booklet of the route including itinery, accomodation, maps, rest places, etc.
Please note transfer to your hotel or Chiang Mai airport is not included in the trip but we are happy to arrange this service for you.
What is prohibited ?
Drinking alcohol during the road trip is absolutely unauthorized.
Failure to wear a helmet is strictly prohibited.
Make racing or racing start, driving on the back wheel, failing to comply with safety spaces between vehicles etc. are all prohibited by En Route Bikers.
If one of these conditions are not respected, this will result in the direct exclusion of the participant from the trip and En Route Bikers shall decline all rembursement.
Visit Doi Pui village and its museum
Ride through mountains and forest before to reach Pai city
Sleep in a local hotel and relax at its swimming pool
Visit the local market in Pai city
Ride in narrow roads through mountains
Break at a geyser and boil your eggs
Break at strawberry fields with amazing viewpoint
Ride to Doi Inthanon summit
Visit the pagodas and its gardens
Enjoy the view of Wachiratarn waterfall